Under the general direction of the Program Director, Assistant Director, and Education Coordinator the Classroom Instructor will plan, prepare, and implement the assigned curriculum and manage the implementation of the Behavioral Management System.
- Provide direct supervision of the students at all times.
- Enforce all school rules outlined in the program’s handbook, and deal effectively with behavioral problems experienced by students during academic instruction, breaks, breakfasts/lunches, and outings. This may include prompting/redirection, verbal de-escalation, safe physical management, etc.
- Implement the Behavior Management System
- Plan, prepare, and present assigned curriculum in conjunction with weekly, written lesson plans
- Track students’ educational progress – issue grades, midterm progress reports, report cards, and IEP progress reports.
- Complete or assist in the completion of IEP’s
- Communicate with the parent(s)/guardian(s), home school districts, and any other involved agency personnel to ensure that educational services are coordinated
- Attend all educational meetings, treatment team meetings, trainings, and other program activities as determined by the Program Director/Assistant Director/Education Coordinator so as to actively participate in the on-going treatment planning/discharge planning process
- Complete all required reports, progress notes, and other correspondence as required by the Program Director/Assistant Director/Program Regulations
- Transport students to/from program activities
- These job duties and responsibilities should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents may be required to follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by the Program Administration
- PA Certification in Special Education
- FBI, PA State, and Child Abuse Clearances
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License
- Successful completion of all staff training/orientation programs*
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to a diverse range of audiences
- A compassionate, caring, and patient nature with children/adolescents