*Candidates should have experience with the Building Trades.
Under general supervision, performs semi-skilled building maintenance and repair requiring a working knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, and minor electrical work. Performs cleaning tasks and operation of various types of cleaning equipment to care for and maintain assigned buildings and related facilities, and performs other related work as required.
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
- Sweep, mop, wax, and polish floors; dust and polish furniture, woodwork, fixtures, and equipment; wash windows and walls; vacuums and spot cleans carpets; empties and cleans waste receptacles; cleans and maintains supplies in restrooms.
- Moves, assembles, and arranges furniture and equipment; sets up and takes down tables and chairs for special meetings or events.
- Picks up refuse from grounds; shovels snow or cuts and trims grass using power or hand tools; landscapes grounds surrounding facilities.
- Transports clients and materials as needed.
- These job duties and responsibilities should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents may be required to follow any other related duties as may be required.
- Maintain and inventory custodial supplies and equipment, assuring adequate supplies are available at each site.
- Inspect all sites for cleanliness, trash removal, and general repair; inspect all vehicles for cleanliness, maintenance, and safety.
Methods, materials, and equipment used in custodial work; use and care of hand and power tools; and safe work practices.
Understanding and carrying out oral and written directions; cleaning and caring for assigned areas and equipment; operating cleaning equipment using a variety of custodial materials; setting work priorities; working independently in the absence of supervision; establishing and maintaining cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course or work; and lifting up to 500 pounds.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to completion of eighth (8) grade; one year experience in janitorial work is desirable, but not necessary. The Coordinator position requires at least three (3) years of janitorial experience with one year of experience in the supervision of the lower classes. Act 33 / 34 clearances. Valid PA Motor Vehicle Operator’s license.
These positions are administratively accountable to the various Program Directors and the ACRP Executive Director.
Position Status:* *